Christmas and New Year with new rules in Tuscany
A simple guide of 9 rules that you need to know
Since 20 December, Tuscany has been back in the Yellow Zone, with both restaurants and bars open to the public until 6pm.
But already from Thursday 24 December, Prime Minister Conte has confirmed a new national lockdown that will see the whole of Italy in the Red Zone on public holidays and pre-holidays and in Orange on weekdays.
Red Zone on 24, 25, 26 and 27 December and 31 December, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 January 2021
Orange Zone on 28, 29, 30 December and 4 January 2021.
Yellow Zone on 21, 22, 23 December.
Also: restrictions for travel abroad, with a swab 48 days before returning to Italy and mandatory quarantine in the two central weeks of the Christmas holidays.
But what will be the rules to respect for our Christmas and New Year in Tuscany?
1. The government confirms the NIGHT COVERAGE FROM 10 p.m. TO 5 a.m. Extending it by two hours on New Year's Day: from 10 p.m. on 31 December to 7 a.m. on 1 January.
2. Until 20 December, MOVEMENT BETWEEN REGIONS IN THE YELLOW BAND will be allowed. For the Orange and Red bands, transfers are allowed only for proven needs. From 21 December to 6 January, NO MOVEMENTS BETWEEN REGIONS IN ANY BAND. As a result, it is forbidden to move to second homes by the sea or in the mountains if they are in other regions. YES TO MOVING TO SECOND HOMES WITHIN THE REGION OF RESIDENCE.
3. During the 'Christmas' lockdown period it will be possible to invite TWO NON-COHABITING PEOPLE (excluding children under 14 years of age) into your home from 5pm to 10pm and it will also be possible to reach relatives and cohabitants outside your municipality but no further than 30 km and in the provincial capital.
4. RESTAURANTS, BARS, PASTRY SHOPS, ICE CREAM MACHINES AND PUBS OPEN IN THE YELLOW BAND FROM 5 AM TO 6 PM. Take-away allowed from 6 PM to 10 PM. CONSUMPTION AT THE TABLE ALLOWED FOR A MAXIMUM OF 4 PEOPLE, ALSO IF THEY ARE COHABITANTS.
5. ON CHRISTMAS DAY it is advisable not to invite people who are NOT cohabiting and to USE THE SPACING RULES AND MASKS WHEN NOT AT THE TABLE. CHRISTMAS MASS CELEBRATED AT 8PM.
6. On New Year's Day, return to your home at 10pm and do not leave until 7am.
7. ALL HOTELS WILL BE ALLOWED TO STAY OPEN WITH CATERING FOR GUESTS WITHOUT TIME LIMITS. Except from 6 p.m. on 31 December until 7 a.m. on 1 January, where only ROOM SERVICE is allowed.
8. SKI RESORTS CLOSED UNTIL 7TH JANUARY 2021, BUT NOT THE HOTELS THAT WILL BE ABLE TO STAY OPEN.
9. During the CAR TRANSPORT, no more than two passengers may be transported, spaced as far apart as possible, if equipped with appropriate safety devices, excluding children under 14 years of age.