The story of Pineider began 240 years ago when the founder Francesco Pineider, in 1774, opened the first stationery shop downtown Florence on Piazza della Signoria. Pineider soon became known all over Europe. It attracted customers of the caliber of Napoleon, Lord Byron and Stendhal. The production range expanded over time to include top-quality leather goods and writing desk objects, one of the traditional forms of Florentine craftsmanship. Today just like in the past, the brand offers a wide selection of products: from writing tools to big and small leather goods made by hand with the finest materials.