Giardino delle Rose
- Viale Giuseppe Poggi, 2
Enclosed within Via Crucis, which rises towards San Salvatore a Monte, and the bastions of Piazzale Michelangelo (p. 226), this one-hectare terraced garden also affords views over Florence. Planned by Giuseppe Poggi in the 1860s, it was immediately decided that it would become a rose garden. Open to visitors in 1895, in the late 1990s it was embellished with contemporary works of art.