The famous egg by Marco Stabile, chef star of Ora d'Aria
It's one of his flag dishes, very easy to do at home
The series of appointments with "The recipes of the great Chefs by Firenzemadeintuscany" starts with a dish full of memories, which recalls the dishes of the feast with chicken and eggs.
Now 9 years after being awarded its first Michelin star, Ora d'Aria continues to occupy a well-deserved place in the list of restaurants that guide the Florentine gastronomic scene.
Chef and owner Marco Stabile leads us, directly from his home, on a sensory journey.
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
4 organic eggs
50g black truffle confit
1/2 bottle of Chianti
1 tablespoon acacia honey
cooking film (microwave) 1 roll
extra virgin olive oil
300g wild herbs boiled and sautéed in a frying pan
1 anchovy fillet
- Put the black truffle and anchovy fillet in a steel saucepan covered with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bring to 70°C and keep for at least 40 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Red wine with honey to reduce to one third of the initial liquid, it is important to boil very gently.
- Cut the artichokes into thin slices and stew them with salt, a little oil and water until soft.
- Spread a square of film, brush with oil, sprinkle with gold flakes of truffle, open the egg in the center and close forming a bag without air, tie firmly.
- Boil the eggs in boiling water for 4 and a half minutes.
- Remove from the water, let it rest for 2 minutes, open by cutting the film.
- Put the herbs in the centre of the dish, add the reduced wine.
- Place the egg in the centre, season with salt and cover with the truffle cut into strips.